Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Back to the start

Since coming back from vacation, I haven't really been as into blogging. I've had lots of little anecdotes that I thought to relay, but the subject matter here feels maybe too aimless. I think I should focus on doing a food or crafts blog, or just combining them into "stuff I make." As it were that was the original intention with this one, and it's where I'm going now.

Things I have wanted to share:

1. I've had a fruitless quest for these green tea milk candies (that is, they taste like green tea ice cream) I bought in San Francisco. Apparently they are special edition and even Google is failing me. I found one online shop selling them, but it's British, and 2 pounds per bag means $4 each, plus 17.5 percent VAT, plus 6 pounds shipping and handling. Three bags of candy would cost me about $24!


2. When I finally went grocery shopping the other day, I happened to reach the bakery at just the right moment. I picked up a baguette while it was still warm, which has not happened to me since I was in Paris last year. Also, against all Harris Teeter overpriced cheese logic, I got a giant thing of brie for $4.27.

3. I have been making earrings nonstop since San Francisco in order to get ready for Crafty Bastards. I use regular glass and stone beads but make the rest from old magazines...which means cutting out strips, rolling while gluing them, varnishing, waiting, making. I have about 40 pairs right now--only problem is I have thus far neglected to buy the earring wires. Whoops. Crafty Bastards is this Sunday! I'm booth #68, back by Politics & Prose and an organic food stand.


4. I just had multiple glasses of wine at lunch. (Note: this is not the norm, just for people's pots de départ.) We had to finish the open bottles, then, and so I was encouraged to drink. Zzz.

5. Not related to food, but whatever: I have been having a ton of dreams lately. One the other day involved me saving a bunch of people, including my yoga teacher, from a bobcat. Otherwise, they keep including Mad Men characters.There's the one about Don Draper that..I've..told..some..people..about.. And I had one last night about Peggy in which the internal conflict seen on the show was manifested by her having basically a scarlet letter. Except it was a stamp on her forehead.

No comments: