Monday, July 7, 2008

Blueberryfest: Many, many myrtilles

The blueberries are ripening like crazy at my/my parent's house. I think we have 15 bushes altogether, and on Friday I picked 33 cups of berries from the six bushes in the backyard. (That's a one-time family record, fyi.) What do you do when you have thousands of blueberries? We had blueberry soup, blueberry cookies, blueberry cobbler, blueberry pancakes, blueberry tea, and of course the berries themselves. I somehow missed out on blueberry martinis.

My contribution was a blueberry tart loosely based on this recipe. I substituted in a graham cracker crust, and my dad guilted me into making the lemon curd from scratch. ("Your GRANDMA used to make the best gingerbread cake with lemon curd. I don't even know where to FIND lemon curd at the store.") The recipe for that part was pretty simple, and the mixing bowl arm fatigue was worth it because it was really, really good. Here's my tart:

No comments: