Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Les français, hnhnhn

Apparently the NY Times bureau chief in Paris is retiring, and she decided to write a "Guide to the French." This kind of article amuses me. It's sort of self-indulgent, but lord knows I have made lists like this in my head. I just don't get to publish them in the NYT...

First, I'd just like to say that the article's top photo is ridiculous (in an oddly great kind of way). S'true that French people love meat--they serve cow tongue here at the embassy cafeteria! Next, their translation of what Sarkozy says to the dude who refuses to shake his hand is lame. He calls him con! A common but still vulgar word. And I'd like to point out that I have succeeded in returning (two!) things to French stores.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I returned an opened usb key to the supermarket, no questions asked!