Friday, April 25, 2008

Maybe in Slidell I'll find my joy

Since getting back from vacation in Louisiana I haven't really felt like blogging. I haven't been getting enough sleep for about a month, which, combined with being post-vacances leaves me dragging. Also I want to do a smart writeup on the Angola prison rodeo, the associated craft fair, and other stuff I did and saw, but I am still only -processing- everything associated with the rodeo. (And am reading a book about it.)

A list is what I can muster. Things I did/saw/bought or otherwise consumed (in vague chronological order):
  1. absinthe
  2. aforementioned rodeo
  3. inmate-made yo-yo with a turtle on it
  4. spicy sausage
  5. Avery Island
  6. multiple kinds of Tabasco
  7. victorious game of Scrabble in Breaux Bridge
  8. lots of alligators (including some that found their way into my arms)
  9. multiple towns mentioned by Lucinda Williams
  10. what is left of the 9th ward

No comments: