Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Pittsburgh = Shitsburgh?

As a native of eastern PA, I have always talked smack about Pittsburgh. They say "yinz" and stuff. I mentally group it in with Baltimore as being the kind of city where I'm sure there's cool, artsy stuff going on that I'm not really privy to--and where I end up just seeing the bad end. (Sorry, Spencer. My feelings about Baltimore have yet to be discussed on this blog, but I think most of you have heard about my B'more car theft story.)

Anyway, KW, NR, and I took a trip west this weekend, to Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater (in rural PA) and the Andy Warhol Museum (P-burgh). And it was fun! As I had remembered from my only previous trip there, the city's pretty moche, but it does have cool architecture and bridges.


Highlights:
1. "Silver clouds" room at museum (shown)
2. Um, all of Fallingwater's great/not getting lost en route
3. Lower level of museum (workshop + photobooth)
4. Free cone in Cumberland, MD

Low point:
1. Almost crossing into Ohio
2. Warhol's taxidermied dog

No comments: