Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My ongoing campaign to prove that chronic fatigue isn't BS

Not so long ago, I became convinced that chronic fatigue syndrome was real. I thought/still kind of think I have it. (Hello: my nicknames are basically all variations on "Lump.") I generally feel like I'm half asleep, and I've have napped or almost napped at more than one social gathering. I've tried convincing my mom, an RN, but she thinks it's crock. Basically, she says anyone she has seen who claims to have it has also been suffering from depression, etc.; she thinks of it more as a symptom. She even tested me for anemia and mono (both negative).

Given that my mom's an unusually caring person, being rebuffed about this made me wonder if maybe I was wrong/crazy. I may be sleepy, but I'm also stubborn...so my campaign continues.

Cutting to the chase, I bring all of this up because of an article+study that Jezebel linked to. Apparently, to feel better, I just need more testosterone. Ha!

No comments: