Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mysterious illegality

On the bus to work this morning, I noticed the woman next to me had a beige water bottle with the word "illegal" printed on it. The idea of a beverage sloganing against something illicit piqued my interest, but it was awkward trying to read the rest of what was on there because the bottle was in the woman's lap. All I caught was "shouldbeillegal.com" and something about Facebook. The possibilities are endless!

I found one site thisshouldbeillegal.com that's about the DCRA, but if that were the right one I dunno why they'd take the time to mention Facebook. Urls such as "facebookstalkingshouldbeillegal.com" give an error message. Googling "should be illegal" + Facebook just turns up abortion stuff and one "Internet Explorer Version 6 Should be Illegal." My best guess is it's something about privacy, but maybe it's something better like "having 500 friends."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kim,

You were right with DCRA. We're trying to educate college students who rent off-campus of their rights and services DC offers. Here is a little more information on the water bottles. http://thisshouldbeillegal.com/2008/09/03/the-story-of-our-thisshouldbeillegalcom-waterbottles/

Kim said...

I'm not sure when the initiative started, but I could have used it when I was at Georgetown! Thanks for the info.