Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Reason no. 2349080 not to live in a group house

Last night, I began the task of cleaning my fridge. I didn't even get to the "wiping down" part, because there was so much expired stuff to throw out. Fortunately today is trash day...although collection is a whole other can of worms.

Now that my clean freak housemate Tessa's somewhere in Paraguay with the Peace Corps, I thought I'd take the reins. She used to clean old stuff out pretty regularly, so I thought the job couldn't be too bad. Little did I know she never did the door. Seriously, I threw out stuff that expired in 2006. That was TWO YEARS AGO. I threw out/recycled maybe 20 containers, which meant cleaning them out first so that I could a) do maximal recycling b) make the bags less heavy.

Conclusions? I am ready to live in an apartment again, and Tessa's not as much of a clean freak as we had all thought.

No comments: