Friday, May 2, 2008

Fabulous muscles

Last night I tried a free Thai boxing (muy thai) class with MC. My yoga studio has been closed for a few days for a relocation, and I won't be able to go tonight because of the big reception. I'd always wanted to try some sort of martial arts class, and my elbows and I definitely have more respect for boxers now, be they Thai or otherwise.

I paired up with an athletic woman who was about my size, and we spent the better part of an hour jabbing, elbowing, and kicking at one another. If you suffer from "noodle arms" (as I have dubbed my own), this is the workout for you. We didn't really spar, but that doesn't stop roundhouse kicks from feeling pretty badass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to do this. It sounds more effective that Wii boxing.

Kim said...

It seems unthinkable that I missed making the Wii link. But yeah, try it!