Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Quagga, quagmire

This NYT endangered/extinct species piece makes me a) want to play scrabble b) read some E. O. Wilson. And while I'm at it I'll go watch some more Jeopardy! and maybe invest in a pocket protector. (For real though, the lady who has been kicking ass on Jeopardy! is kind of great but really weird--she collects armadillo-related doodads and toys shaped like their ancestors. Also, my pockets are safe.)

Speaking of environmental stuff, one of our neighbors stole our recycling bin again. The replacement will come in two weeks, and in the interim the official response is to trash my juice cartons (OK, wine bottles), newspapers, etc. Not exactly surprising, it's just that the trash situation outside my back fence is already dire. I'll spare you the rodent details.

No comments: